Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Reminiscing

When I was in highschool I had the opportunity to participate in an internship. I was able to intern with Mrs. Collado's 5th grade elementary class. It was a great learning experience for me.I was able to show my creative side by decorating the bulletin boards, the classroom, and creating games for the kids. I was also able to share my knowledge when opportunities came up where I was able to teach the kids lessons and help them with their assignments. I was even able to exercise my authority by administering tests and discipling when necessary.

But more importantly, I was able to improve upon my athletic abilities during recess. (Yes I went to recess with them :) There is a time and place for grading papers and recess is NOT the time nor the place.) Those 10 and 11 years olds amazed me with their incredible athletic ability. They were some serious competition when we got a game of kickball going.I mean it. They really were impressive! However, being 17 at the time I think I had quite an advantage over them. Especially when it came to tetherball.

I think there's some kind of unspoken rule where you're suppose to let younger kids win when you're playing a game, or atleast make it a really really close game. But... with my competitive nature I showed NO mercy! (I'm still undefeated to this day :)) They had no chance. Poor kids.

OHH who am I kidding?!
Truth be told, they were the one's who were letting me win.
I miss them..

No comments:

Post a Comment