Saturday, May 15, 2010

Potatoes Potatoes

The other day my friend and I travelled up the mountain to shoot a potatoe launcher. Now, I've never seen one before and didn't really know what to expect.. but I'm telling you this was no potatoe launcher. It was a freakin cannon! It was huge!! We did a few dry runs and the noise it made was incredible. I couldn't wait to load a potatoe into that monster of a cannon.

The time had come. The potatoe was loaded. We sprayed some fuel. We lit the fire....

Nothin.

Tried it again.

Nothin.

Then to our dismay two men came up the trail wanting to 'enjoy the view'. Whatev. So we we're going to wait until they were gone to try again but one of the men noticed the launcher and asked us if it was a potatoe launcher. Yup. Apparently he knew all about them.

He told us stories of how he used to make them out of metal and use actual gun powder. It sounded dangerous but pretty legit. This man really knows what he's talking about. Maybe he could help us fix our problem!

He began telling us that we needed much MUCH more fuel and to stick the can directly into the hole then light that sucker. As he was telling Kyle all of this I was just observing, from a safe distance. This man was wearing a long sleeve shirt, but something wasn't right.

OH MY GOODNESS!

The man was missing an entire arm! I don't think it's smart to take advice on how to lauch a cannon from a man missing one arm.

I looked at Kyle trying to get his attention. I failed...

Good thing the launcher failed too.

That's enough fuel and fire for me. I'd rather keep both of my arms, thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment