Monday, March 8, 2010

International Women's Day

Here I am going about my business like any other day. About 10 minutes ago however, everything changed. I just found out that TODAY is

INTERNATIONAL WOMEN'S DAY

... I never knew there was even such a day! According to MSN, "International Women's Day (8 March) is a global day celebrating the economic, political and social achievements of women past, present and future." (I think I fit into all categories.) Heck, I probably wouldn't have even gone into work today had I know it was International Women's Day. (Or would that defeat the purpose of celebrating the economic, political and social achievements of women...?) Either way, not one person at work today wished me a happy International Women's Day. Rude, I know. But I'm not going to let that stop me from celebrating the 9.5 hours left of this wonderful holiday! (Dang, I should have saved that HERO video my dad sent me over e-mail. That would have fit in perfectly with today's post. :))

No comments:

Post a Comment