Wednesday, March 24, 2010

LEFTY

I'm left handed. I've never thought much about it really. Then I came across this thing called SQUIDOO. It may sound funny, but it's totally legit. I swear.

It says, "Social stigmas still prevail and many everyday tasks the right-handed people never think twice about are difficult for a leftie. With only 7-10 percent of the population on their side, left-handed folks tend to be male which means that left-handed females are truly a minority."

That would be me. That just makes me that much more unique. Different. Special. Cool.

I think people assume we have bad handwriting because of the way we hold our pen 'different' from a right handed person. Have you seen how we hold our pens? We've learned to hold it that way because if we don't then we can't see what we're writing and ink smears all OVER! It's a huge mess. Give us a break.

I remember at a parent-teacher conference my teacher told my mom that I had good handwriting... for a lefty. Umm, thanks?

No really, thanks. I love it when people compliment my handwriting. :)

Facts from SQUIDOO:

Left-Handed are not only few in numbers but they're also very talented and gifted. (I can't argue with that. After all, they are the experts.)

Lefties have a shorter life span. (Dang it.. I better go now)

No comments:

Post a Comment