Saturday, February 13, 2010

Going Solo

Through some persuasion from Caralee, I have decided to start my own blog. I know you're probably wondering "But what about Anna?" Truth is, the blog we created together was a lot of fun... while it lasted that is. Okay okay, I'll admit it. Over the past few months we slacked off BIG TIME on our blog and consequently, I can no longer remember the password and the domain name is a little fuzzy itself. But rest assured that my dear sweet friend, Anna, will live and our adventures will continue. Just on a new blog :)

I've thought about what my first post should be about. It didn't take long to decide.

ALICIA KEYS.

This shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone.

This past Christmas I didn't have a wish list of things I wanted. Because after all, it's not about the presents. Whenever anyone asked me what I wanted I told them it did not matter but that they couldn't go wrong with Alicia's newest album, Element of Freedom. ;) Knowing that I suggested it to everyone who asked I was sure to get it. Christmas day came and past. No Alicia Keys CD.

But Caralee came to my rescue! She bought it for me in addition to the gift she had already purchased for me. Oh how I love her! Let's face it, the only time I cry is when I laugh. We all know that. But I was so touched by her thoughtfulness that I was ALMOST moved to tears. You should be so proud Cara.

For years I never had a favorite music artist. But when I discovered Alicia's As I Am album I was blown away. I've heard a few of her songs before this and quite enjoyed them but when I heard this album I fell in love with her music and she has been my favorite artist ever since. I admit there was a time when I thought twice about it and wondered if Beyonce was my new number one. Beyonce has got an amazingly powerful voice and DANG can she dance. But Alicia wins everytime. She will always be my number one. Beyonce is just going to have to get use to always being my number two.

As if getting Alicia's new album wasn't enough, while Cara and I sat listening the her music I was looking at the track names and to my surprise number 10 featured Beyonce. Say what? Noooooo way. I'm sure you can't believe it either. I shouted at Cara to skip to number 10, I HAD to hear this for myself to believe it. It's a dream come true. I was suddenly flooded with all sorts of happy emotions that were so strong that I really thought I was going to cry this time. Seriously.

I've been listening to Alicia's album ever since.

Thank you Cara.

No comments:

Post a Comment