Thursday, February 18, 2010

Good Citizen

I use my right to vote.
I follow all street laws (I come to COMPLETE stops at stop signs. None of this rolling business.)
I pay my taxes every year.
I care for the environment and do what I can to make it better.
I am honest in everything that I do.

I am a good citizen, but I still can't help feeling nervous while in the presence of a cop. Why is that?

I respect cops and what they do but maybe I get nervous because they have quite a bit of power. Let's face it, if it was ever your word against their's - they would win every time.

Today while running I noticed in the distance was a cop car coming my way. It was the only car on the street and I'm the only one on the sidewalk. I kept my eye on him as he got closer. I'm running, what could I possibly do wrong to violate any laws?! Well that's rational thinking. However sometimes my imagination gets the better of me. I was starting to get somewhat nervous, just somewhat when all of the sudden he reached up for something -

OH NO.

I flinched a little when I saw his arm start to reach up. I knew it, he was going to turn his lights on and 'pull' me over. Or maybe he was reaching for a gun or some cuffs. My heart started beating faster and I noticed that I picked up my pace significantly. I was no longer 'somewhat' nervous. This was a full panic now.

Oh... He was just waving 'hello' at me. *sigh of relief*

1 comment:

  1. ha ha ha I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels that way around cops..

    ReplyDelete