Monday, February 15, 2010

there's one in all of us

I have to say that when I saw Where The Wild Things Are I LOVED it. Strange, yes... but I loved it. Mostly because I think I can easily identify myself with Max. (Oh how I love that name too.)



For those of you who haven't seen this movie... it's about a boy named Max who is rambunctious and has an incredible imagination. He feels misunderstood at home and after an argument he runs away. Not only physically, but to a whole other world of his imagination. An ocean away he lands on an island where he meets large wild beasts whose emotions are as unpredictable and wild as their actions. One beast in particular, Carol, is very similar to Max in temperament. Instead of eating him, they crown him king because Max proclaims that he can magically solve all of their problems and he can create a place where everyone will be happy.



I am a daydreamer. Big time. I may be physically on the same planet as you, but trust me.. I'm living in a whole different world. Maybe it's all in 'perspective'. That's what my psychology professor keeps telling me anyways..




Anyhow, I'm going to keep on living in 'my world' thank you.


"Inside all of us is... hope. Inside all of us is... fear. Inside all of us is... adventure. Inside all of us is a wild thing."

p.s. DIBS on naming my son Max. I called it.

No comments:

Post a Comment